Matcha Madness

This is totally a selfish post because matcha is my most recent obsession. I crave it most days, which is weird because when I was a kid my mom used to drink it everyday and I always used to make a face because I thought it tasted like grass. I don’t know where the switch was to it becoming a *light* obsession but here we are (I may or may not be drinking a matcha latte as I write this…).

The great thing is that I’ve discovered that not only is matcha oddly satisfying, it’s also got lots of health benefits! So in an effort to promote my favorite drink and to make myself feel better about my addiction, here are some of the health benefits of matcha!

www.pexels.com

Matcha’s Antioxidants

Antioxidants help neutralized free radicals, which can be very detrimental to our bodies in a variety of ways. Antioxidants help protect our cells and therefore can be used as fabulous preventative measures for chronic and aging-related diseases. One serving of matcha has the same number of antioxidants as 10 cups of brewed green tea!

And while lots of fruits and vegetables have plenty of antioxidants, matcha’s concentrated levels are seriously unparalleled.

www.pexels.com

Matcha’s Buzz-Word Powers

So, there are a lot of sort of buzz-words associated with matcha. The nice thing is that they’re all quite true, which is rare! Matcha boosts your metabolism, which is why it’s often advertised as a weight loss supplement, or even as a calorie-burning food.

It’s also great for detox routines. Matcha is green because it is rich in chlorophyll, which helps get rid of heavy metals in our bodies as well as other harmful chemicals.

Matcha also is said to be an energizer, because it stimulates your body to burn more calories while also relaxing your brain. This is because matcha contains a rare type of amino acid, which is what helps our bodies make proteins, that promotes a state of relaxation in our brains. This amino acid can be found in black and green tea as well, but again matcha beats out these other two with having almost five times the amount of this magical amino acid in just one cup!

Matcha’s Good Looks

I happen to find matcha drinks and foods really pretty, so here are some examples of that. AND, if you’re looking for good matcha brands, definitely check out Kama Matcha, Brandless Matcha, or Piping Rock’s Matcha Green Tea!

www.pixaby.com
www.wikipedia.com
www.flickr.com
www.pexels.com